2. The Information Collected.
The purpose of the Tax Appeal Website is to provide homeowners, including, but not limited to, homeowners in single family developments, multifamily developments, and condos, with a method to (a) check the accuracy of their real property assessment, and (b) if that assessment is too high, then provide the homeowner with both the analytical tools and the local jurisdiction’s required paperwork to appeal the assessment.
User acknowledges that in order for the Tax Appeal Website to provide User with these services, User must provide personal information or data to Assessment Solutions, LLC. User may be required to provide information including, but not limited to, User’s full name, email address, telephone number, residential address and method of payment (“User’s Personal Information”).
The Tax Appeal Website collects mobile data, contact information, and log data. Mobile data is information such as your location, IP address, zip code, and GPS-based functionality on mobile devices used to access the Site. User may disable such location-tracking functions on User’s device.
Log data can include, but not be limited to, date and time of access to Site, hardware or software used by User, number of clicks by User, pages viewed by User, amount of time spent on particular pages by User, and referring and exit pages and URLs.
3. How User’s Personal Information is Used.
User’s information is used by Assessment Solutions, LLC, to contact User if necessary when providing services to User. Contact information collected by the Site is used to send User information about the Site and the Site’s services, to market to User, and to help prevent spam, abuse, and/or fraud.
Any information entered into the Site by User with regards to User’s residence, neighborhood, or community will be stored and analyzed by Assessment Solutions, LLC in order to better serve Users in the tax appeal assessment process and will not be considered User’s Personal Information.
User’s activity may be tracked in order to determine and analyze what Users do in response to advertisements, information provided by the Site, and or use of services provided by Assessment Solutions, LLC.
4. User’s E-mail Address and Data.
When User provides User’s e-mail address, name or other information to the Tax Appeal Website in connection with use or access to the Tax Appeal Website, any service or tool provided on the Tax Appeal Website or otherwise, User agrees to allow the Tax Appeal Website and its affiliated websites to add User’s e-mail address, name or other information provided to our database of users. User may receive one or more promotional e-mails from either the Tax Appeal Website or a website of one of its affiliates. User is welcome to opt not to receive such promotional e-mails at any time.
If User chooses to send an inquiry to the Tax Appeal Website, User’s personal information, including User’s email address and any other information User supplies, may be visible to the Tax Appeal Website representative so that such person can reply to User’s inquiry.
5. Protections Provided to User.
Although no system is completely secure, Assessment Solutions, LLC and The Tax Appeal Website have taken reasonable precautions to protect User’s Personal Information.
Assessment Solutions, LLC will retain User’s Personal Information only as long as necessary to carry out the Terms and Conditions of Service.
This Site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. The only information about web site Users stored on the Site computers are IP addresses. As a result, any violation of the security barriers in place on our web site cannot result in release of any other information about Users.
Credit card numbers and expiration dates are not stored on our system. When User provides credit card information, it is routed to the Tax Appeal Website’s bank’s computer. Once the Tax Appeal Website has received a response from the bank as to whether the charge is authorized or denied, the credit card information is purged from the system.
Note that, despite the measures taken by Assessment Solutions, LLC and the third parties engaged, the internet is not secure. As a result, others may nevertheless unlawfully intercept or access private transmissions or data.
6. Security Breach.
If there is a breach of the data that includes User’s Personal Information that Assessment Solutions, LLC does not own or license, then Assessment Solutions, LLC shall notify User or licensee of the User’s Personal Information of a breach of the security of a system if it is likely
that the breach has resulted or will result in the misuse of User’s Personal Information as soon as reasonably practicable after Assessment Solutions, LLC discovers or is notified of the breach of the security of a system. The notification may be delayed if a law enforcement agency determines that the notification will impede a criminal investigation or jeopardize homeland or national security; or to determine the scope of the breach of the security of a system, to identify the individuals affected, or to restore the integrity of the system.
7. Access to and Control Over Information
User may opt out of any future contacts from The Tax Appeal Website at any time. User may do the following at any time by contacting Assessment Solutions, LLC at the email address or phone number given on our website:
View User’s data maintained by Assessment Solutions, LLC, if any;
Change, update, and/or correct any of User’s data maintained by Assessment Solutions, LLC;
Express concern about use of data and or request that Assessment Solutions, LLC delete or remove User’s data retained by the Site.
8. External Content.
The Tax Appeal Website may include hyperlinks to third-party content, advertising or websites. User acknowledges and agrees that the Tax Appeal Website is not responsible for and does not endorse any advertising, products or resource available from such resources or websites.
The Site may also contain links to terms and conditions and privacy policies of third party providers who provide tools or services on a site. User should read the third-party policies.
9. Phishing Emails
User should not open or respond to any unsolicited emails that appear to be from Assessment Solutions, LLC or the Tax Appeal Website that requests personal information such as User’s credit card, login, or password, or that asks User to confirm User’s account or other personal information by clicking on a link. Assessment Solutions, LLC and the Site will not request this information from User in this manner. Please contact Assessment Solutions, LLC if you receive this type of request.
This Agreement, and the application or interpretation thereof, shall be governed exclusively by its terms and by the laws of the State of Maryland. For any action brought under this Agreement, each party agrees to submit to the jurisdiction of, and agree that venue is proper in Montgomery County, Maryland.
11. Attorney Fees. In the event of any legal action arising under this Agreement or any asserted breach thereof by User or the Tax Appeal Website, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover all costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, incurred in enforcing or attempting to
enforce any of the terms, covenants or conditions of this Agreement, including costs incurred prior to commencement of legal action and in any appeal.
12. Entire Agreement.
13. Binding Effect. This Agreement shall be binding upon, and inure to the benefit of, the parties and their respective heirs, personal and legal representatives, successors, and permitted assigns.
14. Changes to the Terms. The Tax Appeal Website reserves the right to modify this Policy from time to time at its sole discretion and without any notice to user. Changes to the Policy become effective on the date posted. User’s continued use of the Tax Appeal Website after any changes to Policy will signify User’s agreement to be bound by such changes. The Tax Appeal Website or its suppliers may discontinue or make changes in the information, products, or services described herein at any time without prior notice to User and without any liability to User. Any dated information is published as of its date only, and the Tax Appeal Website does not undertake any obligation or responsibility to update or amend any such information. The Tax Appeal Website reserves the right to terminate any or all website offerings or transmissions without prior notice to User. Furthermore, by offering this website and information, products or services via this website, no distribution or solicitation is made by the Tax Appeal Website to any person to use the website or such information, products or services in jurisdictions where the provision of the website and such information, products or services is prohibited by law.
15. Modification by Court. If any provision of this Agreement is deemed overbroad, unreasonable, or creating such a burden that a court would otherwise find such provision unenforceable, the parties agree that the court shall be authorized to modify such provision to the extent it believes reasonable so as to best carry out the intentions of the parties to the fullest extent allowed by a court of law or equity.
16. Severability. The provisions of this Agreement are severable, and if any one or more provisions may be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, in whole or in part, and not otherwise subject to modification, the remaining provisions, and any partially unenforceable provision to the extent enforceable, shall, nevertheless, be binding and enforceable.
Last updated ____________, 2018.